WHAT DOES THE WORD “PREP” MEAN?
“Prep” stands for preparation. This means that prep means preparing the nails for products.
IS PREP IMPORTANT?
YES! One of the most important things for good durability is prep. If it is not done correctly, the products will break, lift or fall off because they cannot properly adhere to the nail. Remember, after you have done a prep, it is important that you or anything else does not touch the nail. Even the smallest speck of dust can contribute to the nails not reaching the expected durability.
WHY DON’T MY NAILS LAST?
One of the main reasons why you may feel that your nails do not last optimally is that the prep has not been done correctly. To achieve super durability, it is really important that the prep has been done very thoroughly. Watch our video on how to make the perfect prep.
HOW DO YOU DO A PREP?
You remove all dead skin cells, cuticles, dirt and natural oils from the nails.
- First, you should wash your hands thoroughly.
- Then push your cuticles back. Make sure to remove all the dead skin at the cuticle edge with our cuticle remover/pusher.
- Use our cuticle clipper to gently clip the cuticles.
- Buff the nails lightly on top of the nail plate until they become matte. Optionally, file the nails to the desired shape.
- Take a wipe and clean the nails well with plenty of cleanser. After using the cleanser, it is very important that you do not touch the nails or let dust/dirt get on them. This can cause the product to loosen.
- Finally, it is a really good idea to use our ultrabond primer. Once this is done, the nails are ready for product.
Once this is done, the nails are ready for product.